Why Is Staying Active So Important?
Because the results are amazing:
- A healthy heart
- Regular physical activity can lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and can reduce the risk of illnesses such as type 2 diabetes or heart disease.
- Strong bones
- Exercise is necessary to build strong, healthy bones and can help slow the bone loss associated with getting older.
- A sense of well-being
- Being in good shape can give you more energy, reduce anxiety and depression, improve self-esteem, and help you better manage stress.
- A good social life
- Staying active is a great way to have fun, make new friends, and spend quality time with family.
- Looking and feeling better
- You look better when you’re in shape. Staying active helps you tone muscles and maintain a healthy weight—and can even improve your posture.